Thursday, November 1, 2012

Breakfast vs Conscience

One definite problem I am finding is that I have to grocery shop a LOT! My daughter loves this new lifestyle of mine because she already eats like a rabbit but now there is nothing left for me. Have I mentioned that I hate grocery shopping? Too many people in my way and I always have kids with me who whine "I want I want I want". Mneh! Also, our area really does not cater to a vegan/vegetarian life. There is a small 1 ft by 2 ft section in the fruits and veggie area of Wal-Mart for vegetarian/vegan foods and that is IT! I don't live in a small city, only a small minded one. We have a Fresh Market in the next town over and realistically it isn't that far away. I need to get over my laziness. Unfortunately, I won’t have time to make the drive until maybe Monday.
 
Well, anyway. I just finished my breakfast. I made egg whites with spinach, salsa, sour cream and onions wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. I had to eat something. Most days I just have coffee but I noticed that the little bit of wine I had last night made me nauseous this morning. I needed something substantial on my stomach. I didn't have too much to drink. I wonder if my diet has changed how my body reacts to alcohol? Maybe I had more then I thought I did *tee hee



I never planned to cut out eggs and milk from my diet (yet?!) but I have to say that my conscience is bothering me. I wanted to start this because I am so appalled with the horrible treatment of animals for consumption and what makes eggs any different? I am less upset with the milk products because it's a product from animals and not the animals themselves. Besides my husband and one son are lactose intolerant so we have soy and almond milk in our home.We do still eat cheese. Yes, I am aware of how the cows are treated to be able to make milk products but I need to draw the line somewhere, right? However, eggs are essentially baby chickens! I have a very strong opinion against abortion at any stage of development and so isn't eggs kind of the same thing? Babies in the earliest stage of development? I really I need to think this one over a bit more and decide where I stand.

Thanks for stopping by and reading about my breakfast and conscience lol. Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment