Sunday, November 11, 2012

Good times and limited vegetarian options

It has been such an eventful few days. I have dyed my hair (dirty blond), went to a violin symphony, lunches and dinners with friends and even went to karaoke for the first time in my life last night. This afternoon I took a long nap just to recover from the constant activities!

New hair color.
Horrible camera and so it is a bit lighter then this.
I like it

I still am keeping with the vegetarian diet and learning to make new and exciting things. Friday, I used the dill that I bought at Fresh Market and made tzatziki sauce. Tzatzki has always been one of my favorite items from the Greek restaraunt that my best friend and I frequent. It is such a simple thing to make, which is wonderful! The recipe made SO much that I have tzatziki coming out of my ears though. Also, the recipe called for too much salt but it is still amazing and I have been chowing down on it with cut whole wheat pita bread.

Tzatziki and pita bread


I mentioned that I have been to a few new restaraunts the past few days. Yesterday I went to a fancy caribbean place before heading to the symphony. As we live along the Gulf of Mexico, fresh gulf fish is a big deal here. I have never liked fish and so I have always had a hard time finding exciting menu items even before this change in my diet. Now, it seems all I have offered to me is noodles and soggy salads. Yesterday I had a boring fettucini alfredo. It was alright but there was no substance.




Today, we went to a sports bar for lunch with friends. Of course there was a lot of chicken wing type menu items which I normally LOVE but now I am left with no options. I had a simple caesar salad that was limp and nothing to it. I have hope that other restaraunts may offer decent vegetarian choices but I am not too optimistic.

The other night my husband was working late and I can't sleep when he isn't home and so I stayed up late watching Food Inc. on Netlix. WOW, that was a powerful documentary. It didn't advocate a vegetarian or meatless diet but it was about informing the consumers as to where our food is coming from. I cried. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be making a vegetable garden come spring as I will feel so much safer knowing where at least a little bit of my food comes from.

Thanks for stopping by. I adore you. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment