Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lazy Cooking

It's been a long day. My kids had an early release from school and had to take my son to the doctor because of an ear infection, I went grocery shopping and helped sit with my grand-mother-in-law who is elderly and can't leave her bed so she needs family to stay with her at all times. I still kept up with the vegetarian diet.

I mentioned how I had an egg wrap for breakfast. I am leaning towards cutting out eggs from my diet. It does hurt my conscience but they are yummy. I have need to find an equally yummy and easy breakfast if I am going to cut out my favorite breakfast.

It's a good thing I had a breakfast today. I usually don't have the time. I ended up missing lunch as I was dealing with getting to the doctor and so forth.

By the time I got home, it was 6:30pm and I was shaking. I made my family rice and chicken that they said was bland since I didn't taste-test it. I guess I need to find new ways to cook tasty foods for them if I wont be testing it as I cook. I made myself kale chips (kale coated in oil and seasoned with dill and garlic salt then baked) and a salad. I was too worn out to try and think of anything more elaborate. My salad turned out great, consisting of mainly parsley, spinach, tomato and red onion with lemon juice as the dressing.

 

For dessert, I had found this great vegan brownie in a mug recipe on Pinterest that literally takes 15 minutes to make. So good and worth it!



While getting my son's prescription at Publix, I wandered around to see what new and exciting foods  could find. They have such a fun variety of their Greenwise products! I settled for organic green beans and leeks. Can you believe I have never eaten leeks? I'll be looking up recipes tonight for tomorrow to experiment with my new food.

For now I am off to research. Thanks for stopping by! Good night world <3

No comments:

Post a Comment