Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes, Hummus and a sincere THANK YOU

I have learned, and am continuing to learn that natural food is so flavorful and amazing! The greasy, charred burgers at fast food places offer nothing but a plastic taste and clogged arteries.

I didn't have a chance to update yesterday how my vegetarian diet went. I had a huge test in my economics class and so I spent my free time hitting the books (I made an 80%! Considering the class average was 71, I'm happy).

We have SO much pumpkin cut up and I really have no idea what to do with it all. If you have any good and simple pumpkin recipies, please let me know about it in the comments below. I made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast yesterday. My 3 year old, picky eater ate it UP! I made mine topped with cranberries and agave nectar. The pancakes were so fluffy it was almost maddening how great they turned out. Then the cranberries were a perfect mix. The tart berries with the very sweet pancakes and agave made it such a unique and heavenly flavor. This may be one of the most exciting things I have made so far.



I ate breakfast late so I wasn't in the mood for lunch and I was rushing to class around dinner time so I just chowed down on some pita chips and hummus that I had recently found on a grocery trip. The hummus was seasoned with jalapeno and cilantro. It was a perfect mix. It wasn't too spicy and the hummus wasn't chalky like other brands I have tried. I definitely recommend Pita Pal Organic Hummus!



After class, I came home and my husband had made spaghetti and tomato sauce for himself and the kids. He saved me a bite (literally) which helped with the ravenous hunger and then ate some more of my pita chips and hummus. Exciting day, I know.

So far today I made myself an AMAZING breakfast of mozzarella cheese with spinach, red onion, avocado and a little parsley mixed together, heated and wrapped whole wheat tortilla then eaten with homemade roasted pepper salsa. WOW! I have always liked avocado in a variety of foods but could never just cut it up and eat it plain. Still, it was the best addition to my meal. My breakfast was so creamy and flavorful that I honestly forgot to take a picture of it for you all as I couldn't stop eating. If you are looking for ways to add more natural foods to your diet, try avocado. It isn't a strong flavor but the creamy texture makes a simple food that much better.

Now, I wanted to thank everyone that has come to this simple blog of mine. I see the statistics and I know there is a good many that come and read about my silly journey of finding a healthier way to live. This blog is probably not the most exciting thing you can read about in your day but it is important and exciting for me and because of that, I am so thrilled to be sharing it with you. Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment