Thursday, November 8, 2012

Progress


I know, I know. I have been slacking on posting updates but honestly, I haven't been eating anything that I haven't already posted.

For instance, my breakfasts and snacks have become Greek yogurt with cut up strawberries or cranberries and sunflower seeds. Lunches are usually a salad of whatever I have in the fridge and dinner has been either another salad, stir-fry or I made stuffed chili peppers again last night. The stuffed peppers didn't turn out too well because I used a crumbing cheese that didn't melt and the whole thing was a weird mess. I ate it anyway.


Kale Chips

Random Salad

Yummy vinager I found to use as my salad dressing

My bedtime snack

Stuffed peppers. Next time I will use mozzerella



I think it is time to mention how I am feeling physically about my new diet changes as it is an important part of this experiment. One thing that I have noticed is that I have to eat breakfast every day. I used to be able to just have coffee and be fine but now I need something on my stomach. This has been the hardest challenge because I LOVE omelets but decided to cut out eggs. I have also noticed that I feel lighter. I don't have the bloated, nasty feeling after my meals that would weigh me down. This has been the best effect so far! However, speaking about being weighed down, I am a little upset that I haven’t seen a change in the number on the scale. I have been exercising regularly and eating this amazing vegetarian diet but the scale isn't moving. I suppose that can be attributed to age. I am now 30 and it isn't as easy as it was when I was a kid to lose weight.

I am running out of ideas of new things to make for myself. I suppose I could spend more time researching new recipes but I don't always have the time to spare. I still haven't made the drive to the next city over to see the Fresh Market.

I am absolutely THRILLED to see my kids making better food choices. My daughter always could survive on fruits and salads and I love seeing the excitement in her eyes when she finds fresh strawberries or bananas to snack on. My 5 year old son is a relatively good eater and enjoys a salad but also loves nasty processed foods. He has been asking me to buy him more kale (to make kale chips), bananas, yogurts and berries. The best results have been my 3 year old son who eats nothing but waffles, sugary oatmeal, french fries and the occasional chicken nugget. I have learned that he likes pumpkin, bananas and hummus! WIN!

I have been morning the loss of my favorite food. My best friend and I are regulars at a local Greek restaurant that makes the most AMAZING dolmades (rice and beef seasoned and wrapped in grape leaves that they serve with this amazing sauce drizzled on top). I haven't had them in a long time and debating if I want to go get some on the first chance after my month long experiment. I was hoping to continue on being a vegetarian after the 30 days has passed but I had only promised myself to stick with it for a month. I suppose I will just have to wait and see how I feel when my month is over.

Well, thank you all for stopping by. I appreciate all my readers. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment