Friday, November 9, 2012

Fresh Market adventure

I finally made it to Fresh Market! I drove to the next city over, which was about 20 minutes away. I think the drive was too long though because my 3 year old fell asleep during the ride. Normally, I would appreciate the nap but he wouldn't wake up! I had to carry him through the store as I shopped. It was a challenge trying to reach products on the shelves while carrying him and a basket. I got a serious workout from it though.

 
The trip was still a success. I found fresh dill which I have been trying to find for a few months now. I bought dandelion greens! I have never had dandelion. I also found some mangos for the kids, chili peppers, quinoa and dried vegetables for a snack. The veggies were so yummy and my son even liked them so I will be back again soon to get some more. I especially loved the green beans. What a great taste and a healthy snack. Can't get any better than that!




So when we arrived home I made a salad with my new dandelion greens. I added spinach, tomatoes, leeks and red onion. I made a simple dressing with oil, white wine vinegar and dill. It was such a wonderful and flavorful meal.



For dinner I made a simple quesadilla with salsa. Nothing special and honestly it was very filling and heavy on my stomach. I have always loved cheeses. I get a thrill out of finding new and different cheese (have you ever had buffalo milk cheese? I have) but I am not sure my body likes it so much anymore. I will be trying harder to cut out cheese from my diet but I can't get rid of it all and I still love my yogurt.

This morning I enjoyed my favorite yogurt with blackberries and sunflower seeds! I LOVE BLACKBERRIES but they have always been a little too costly for me. I found them on sale and stocked up. It's like Christmas, I am so excited.



That's all I have to share for now. Thanks for stopping by my friends. Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment