Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Stressful but Yummy

What a stressful day. Let's just say that I am typing this while drinking a glass of wine. Between having all kids home from school and babysitting a friend's 4 year old,  am ready to tear my hair out. The kids all seemed to spend every waking moment fighting with eachother. Then, I was caught having to take care of my sister-in-law as she has many health problems that culminated in vomit all over my floor.

So anyway,  still did pretty good for myself when it came to my meals. No breakfast again today, only coffee (lots of coffee). For lunch I made cheese quesadillas with homemade salsa verde. Small flour tortillas with white crumbling queso heated and folded together in a pan (no oil) and dipped in the best salsa in the WORLD!


For dinner I gave my fennel/radish salad from last night another try. I threw it in a hot pan with a little olive oil, salt and a small dash of balsamic vinager. It worked! I ate that sucka up! I also reheated the leftover potato soup from last night. Having it sit and settle for a day made it even tastier.



Time for a snack. I cut whole wheat tortillas into triangles, dipped them in a mixture of oil, fajita seasoning and tomatos that I pureed and baked them into chips. Ate them up with roasted pepper salsa! I needed to add more salt to the chips and I burned my last batch into tiny triangles of char but other then that, my snack was a success! I am so full!


I also talked with a friend of mine who is vegan and she gave me some great links for recipies and information to check out. I am off to do that now and giddy with excitement. Here are the links she told me I should see: Vegetarian Times, Fat Free Vegan KitchenChocolate Covered Katie,  21-Day Vegan Kickstart and Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death (Thanks Rhonda! <3 )

That's it for tonight. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment