Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Found a Local Organic Cafe

Amazingly enough, I found an organic cafe in this dinky little city of mine. I had some time to spare without kids this past Friday and so I stopped by to check out the menu. I had no intention of eating there as I wasn't really hungry and I feel weird eating out in restaurants by myself. My best friend and I "do lunch" together often and so I was researching to see f I should come back with her sometime. When I walked in to Cafe Organic , I was immediately welcomed by warm, smiling faces. The staff asked if I have ever been there before and offered information and advice about the large menu and options available to me. They specialized in sandwiches, wraps, salads and smoothies. Honestly, the prices hurt a little bit but the options and ingredients looked so tantalizing that I could not walk out without trying something. I opted for a half wrap and a salad combo. I chose the Southwest wrap and a kale salad. The wrap was made of homemade black bean and chipotle hummus with avocado, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper sprouts and greens dressed with a chipotle lime cream. It was probably the best thing I have eaten in a LONG time. I have never been a fan of beans as the texture is chalky and weird but the taste of this wrap was to die for. The kale salad was made of local kale, mashed with ripe avocado and a lemon olive oil and sea salt dressing- topped with red bell pepper and Florida tomato. It proved to be a good compliment to the wrap and I do love kale but it could have used a squeeze of lemon or something to add a little tang. I asked the staff to pick a smoothie for me to try and that I was up for anything. They made me a carrot cake smoothie that was to DIE for! It was made with ginger, cinnamon, carrots, banana and almond milk. It tasted just like carrot cake in a cup. I will be going back again very soon!



It was so exciting for me to find this place. I felt so comfortable and had a great time chatting up other patrons. It is so nice to know that I am not as alone as I thought in this new diet/lifestyle of mine. I am really hoping to do some travelling and find many more places and try new things.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous day everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment