Friday, December 14, 2012

Going strong but with a few less teeth

You have my sincerest apologies for not updating as of late but I am afraid there isn't much new to share. I am still going strong with my vegetarian diet. I love how I feel and am thrilled to be learning so many new things. Next step? Vegan? Well, I have been researching that and it seems like so much more work then I can manage. Also, veganism really is a lifestyle when being a vegetarian is more like a diet. I don't think I am ready for a lifestyle change.
 
The only "news" I really have is that I had my wisdom teeth out after 12 years of terror and agony. It finally got to a point that I couldn't sleep or eat so I got up the nerve to have them out. Thankfully, it was a great experience and I have no regrets. I still have some pain when I chew and I have holes in my mouth that food gets stuck in. I bet you wanted to know THAT! So now chewing most vegetables hurts too much so I have been having a LOT of soups. This has been a challenge because I really know nothing about making soups. Some have turned out, some really haven't. I did a lot of ordering out but when reading ingredient lists, I found that many of them have chicken or beef broth hidden in them! How dare they! So, needless to say I have lost 4 lbs.
 
It is time for me to head back to work. My youngest will be going to school soon and it is difficult for a family of 5 to live on one income in this day-in-age. Unfortunately, there isn't much out there. I would love to find something I am passionate about (green living, socially minded), or something towards my degree/skills (business and sales) but there is just nothing out there. I have so much to learn before I will be able to get the job of my dreams.
 
For now thanks everyone for stopping by and thank you Veggi-rific for the Twitter mention. Have a wonderful night Internet world!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment